Hausmann Insurance & Financial Services

2313 Randolph Rd
Charlotte, NC 28207

Get Directions
Hausmann Insurance & Financial Services Blog

How Much Motor Home Insurance am I Required to Carry?

In Charlotte and Waxhaw, NC, the only insurance you’re really required to carry on a motor home is going to be liability insurance. If you’re not protected, you might want to go ahead and call Hausmann Insurance & Financial Services and see about buying a liability policy. But the rest is up to you.

Legally, a motor home is treated a lot like a car, motorcycle, truck, or any other motorized vehicle. The law is there to make sure that the risk you pose to other drivers is covered.

This is, of course, if we’re talking about a mobile motor home. If you’ve parked your motor home and living in it in a park or on private property and you don’t plan on driving it off the lot any time soon, then it’s entirely up to you how much or how little insurance you want to buy. But as soon as you take it on the road, you will be required to carry liability protection.

Liability won’t provide any coverage for the motor home itself, only for the damages that it might cause on the road. If you want total protection, you will need collision and comprehensive, which will cover your losses in the event of an accident.

If you’re looking to get covered in Charlotte or Waxhaw, NC, get in touch with Hausmann Insurance & Financial Services. Whether you use your motor home for the occasional camping trip or you’re a lifelong resident of the road, you want peace of mind, and that’s what you can get with Hausmann Insurance & Financial Services.